A good rotisserie chicken is our idea of the perfect main course for cozy dinners at home that are delicious, filling, and pair well with so many sides. We especially love its versatility during mealtime and its many uses in next-day leftovers. The problem? Reheating cooked chicken is so easy to dry out and render inedible (or at least not tasty). That's why we've partnered with the Owner and Head Chef of GravyLady, Dee Dee Saracco, to share her top tips for reheating rotisserie chicken to ensure it locks in moisture and retains its mouth-watering flavor.
What’s the best way to store a cooked rotisserie chicken so that it doesn’t dry out?
The best way to store a cooked rotisserie chicken to prevent it from drying out is in a shallow glass container, Tupperware, or bowl with a lid. Refrigerate in the air-tight container for up to 4 days. Covering is key to preventing moisture loss.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the:
This is likely the simplest method and results in a tasty reheated chicken! Simply place the chicken in your air fryer for 4-5 minutes, until the chicken is heated through.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉
- Remove the meat from the bone of the entire chicken
- Wrap the boneless chicken in a piece of foil
- Place your foil-wrapped chicken in a pot and add a little bit of chicken broth
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place your chicken in a bowl and drape a wet paper towel over it.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 ½ minute
- Check your chicken to ensure it is heated thoroughly. If your chicken is not warmed through, cook in 30 seconds increments as needed.
- Let cool before eating!
- Place your chicken in a skillet with a little bit of chicken broth.
- Heat in your skillet for 5-6 minutes, or until it is warmed through.
- Add a cup of water to your Insta pot and set the Insta pot to steam.
- Steam for approx. 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken