Organic Stone-Ground Red Fife Flour

Janie's Mill SKU: 010-0033-090
Organic Stone-Ground Red Fife Flour

Organic Stone-Ground Red Fife Flour

Janie's Mill SKU: 010-0033-090
Regular price $6.00
  • Shipped Directly from Creator
  • Nationally Available
  • Secure Payment

Organic Stone Ground Red Fife Flour from Janie's Mill is a whole meal flour. It's great for making loaves of country sourdough bread and yeasted breads. It can be blended with High Protein Bread Flour for open crumb loaves and flat breads.

Red Fife, named after David Fife, came to North America from Scotland in 1842. It is believed that Mennonite farmers in Poland grew the wheat that was shipped to David Fife of Canada. Fife then grew the wheat and shared it with other farmers, calling it Red Fife because of its distinctive color. It is thought to be a relative of Halychanka, a Ukrainian Heritage wheat, prized for its rich flavors and excellent baking qualities.

Red Fife has deeper, more complex flavors than common hard red winter wheats, and breads made with it bake up moister, with a cohesive crumb. Because Red Fife has a high gluten content, it can be used by itself or mixed with low gluten flours such as rye or spelt.

Milled from: RED FIFE, an Heirloom Hard Red Winter Wheat   

Protein: 15.4%

Extraction Rate: 100%

Great to use in:  Your favorite yeast or sourdough recipes, as well as in muffins and cookies.

Product Size: 1.5 lb.

Serving Size: 1/4 cup

Ingredients: Wheat

Allergens: Wheat

Shelf Life: 9 months from milling. Please refrigerate upon arrival.

Harold Wilken of Janie's MillRoss Wilken of Janie's Mill
made with love by
Harold and Ross Wilken, Janie's Mill
Ross Wilken, and his father Harold, opened Janie’s Mill in 2017 as a natural extension to their farm, Janie’s Farm. They stone grind locally grown, certified organic grains into nutrient dense flours and grits. Janie’s Mill sources 95% of their grain from Janie’s Farm, and the remaining 5% from select certified organic farms in Nebraska, Montana and New York. All Janie’s Mill grain is U.S. grown. They stone grind all of their grain at a cool temperature to preserve the nutrition of the whole kernel. The flours retain all of the bran and germ, with their essential oils, proteins, vitamins and minerals intact. Not only are the stone-ground, organic, whole-kernel flours nutritionally superior, they taste better. Janie's Mill is dedicated to improving the health of their people, their 18 employees, and their land. The relationship between Janie’s Farm, partner farms, and Janie’s Mill results in an unusually short supply chain which helped them weather the extensive surge in demand for flour sales during the height of quarantine period of 2020, with ease. At one point Janie’s Mill was fielding almost 500 orders a day. At no point did they run out of flour.
  • Janie's Mill direct ships product from their digital store to you!

  • Shipping starts $9.99 (items not included in the Here Here $50 free shipping promotion)
  • Packages can be shipped nationally excluding Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico
  • Combined orders with Janie's Mill products plus other vendors will incur separate shipping charges, which will be aggregated at check-out
  • If you have any issues with your shipment or products, Here Here Market is more than happy to work with you, whether to replace or refund – your satisfaction is our top priority. 
  • We are unable to accept returns because of the nature of these products.
  • Questions? Please contact

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recently viewed